Sakhalin Energy`s priorities in 2018 remain the same: assurance of the safety and reliability of production, improvement of the efficiency of oil and gas field development and hydrocarbon extraction, optimisation of costs, and development of the project with regard to the principles of continuous improvement and lean processes.
In 2018, the company will continue its work aiming to achieve Goal Zero — no harm, no leaks.
As part of the HSE strategy, the company has adopted and included in the 2018–2022 plans the following main objectives:
Lead and engage
- To ensure personal HSE commitment – in work, in personal life, by all staff via goals and performance appraisal process.
- To develop leaders at all levels — implement safety leadership programmes.
- To implement One Team approach – involve company and (sub) contractor leaders and teams.
- To promote and support people to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- To provide access to high-class healthcare and enhance prevention and diagnostics for staff and contractors.
- To manage HSE and process safety capability process via the SAP HCM automation system.
- Assets integrity and process safety: to manage facility status reports, implement key assets integrity and process safety programmes.
- To reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) level: to maintain HSE cases, implement remedial action plans, maintain RF and international compliance.
- Operational controls: to utilise barrier cards, to ensure effective electronic permit to work system.
- To maintain and enhance emergency preparedness and response capability.
In 2018 and subsequent years, Sakhalin Energy's main production activities will be:
- To optimise production levels of oil and LNG and improve performance from existing assets.
- To enhance production potential.
- To work on the OPF Compression project, as well as on the further development of the LNG Train 3 project.
In 2018, the company will continue to work with customers to achieve the most beneficial oil and gas sales.
As part of the HR management strategy implementation, in 2018 and subsequent years, Sakhalin Energy will continue:
- To employ and retain the best talent available in the industry in line with business needs and with a focus on local Sakhalin residents.
- To meet manpower requirements of major projects utilising internal resourcing and shareholder expertise.
- In line with succession planning invest in professional and leadership development of Russian employees capable of taking technical expert and leadership roles in the company.
- To deliver an attractive and competitive employee value proposition (EVP).
- To deliver simple and cost-effective HR processes to meet company needs in continuous improvement utilising high quality HR information systems.
- To maintain the company’s unique corporate culture and strong brand to ensure the Employer of Choice status.
Regular and meaningful stakeholder engagement remains an important component of Sakhalin Energy’s successful performance. The strategy and plans for engaging the general public for 2018 have been included in the Public Consultation and Disclosure Plan (see the company’s website www.sakhalinenergy.com).
In its social investment and sustainable development programmes, Sakhalin Energy will continue to give priority to partnerships with external stakeholders and to long-term social programmes.
Sakhalin Energy will continue to conduct its business in compliance with the adopted General Business Principles, Code of Conduct, Sustainable Development Policy, and CSR related standards.
Sakhalin Energy will make every effort to further improve its work and conduct its business on the basis of efficient, reliable, and safe production, as well as a responsible attitude toward social and environmental issues.